Monday, September 30, 2013

London Calling

It's hard to believe that we've been traveling for nearly six weeks now. I find it even harder to believe that I've been successfully living out of a suitcase for that long with only a few (minor) frustrations. I'd like to say that I've established a rhythm, that I'm starting to fit in the UK, but that would be a lie. With the constant moving, every single day is different. It's all wonderfully exhausting. Luckily, that will all change soon because we depart for LONDON tomorrow. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Well, for the last two (has it really already been two?!) weeks, we've visited Oxford, gone to six Shakespeare productions by the Royal Shakespeare Company, talked with actors, had class, stalked actors in pubs (if you're ever in Stratford, the place to see them is the Dirty Duck), and have not gotten nearly enough sleep. But that's the way it should be, right?

Anywho, here are a few photos from Oxford, the Christ Church campus, cathedrals, Shakespeare's grave, and basically everything I haven't had the time to post about for the last few weeks. Enjoy!

This is the stairwell where the conversation between Dumbledore and Tom Riddle was filmed for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It was packed and this is the only photo I could get without any people in it...
The Great Hall at the Christ Church campus, which was the inspiration for the Great Hall in the Harry Potter movies. 
Apparently Milton played this organ. Pretty neat, eh?
On the right is Shakespeare's grave (we think. and hope.).



No comments:

Post a Comment