Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Lake District

Ladies and gents, lords and ladies, lads and lasses, I have wonderful news: I have found my new home.  Driving into Ambleside that late afternoon almost a week ago, I had the oddest sensation (a revelation of sorts, one could call it). Seeing the mountains, the lakes, the stone façades of the houses that dot the hillsides, I realized that this was the land I've been fantasizing about for as long as I can remember. It's ridiculously cheesy, I know, but it's true. So, somehow, some way, I will return to Ambleside and the Lake District for at least a week, but hopefully the rest of my life (Sorry, Mom and Dad. I'll have an extra room so you can come visit!). All cheesiness aside, though, the short day we spent in the Lake District has been one of my favorites of the entire trip thus far. We went to Wordsworth's houses with one of the most amazing home gardens I've ever seen (no, really), read some hilarious poetry written by other visitors, wrote some hilarious poetry of our own, and walked through the countryside for hours on end. The last photo is from a hike (-ish?) my friend Will and I took that ended at the top of one of the nearby mountains, right before the fog started to roll in. I could honestly write about those few hours that passed far too quickly for pages and pages, but I'll spare you. Enjoy the pictures instead.


1 comment:

  1. Graduation: T-620 ish days.
    Moving Day: T-621 ish days.

    You can write for Nat Geo and I'll open up a clinic, and we'll both tell people how much we love Jesus, and meet our future husbands. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete