Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's all Joyce to Me

I wish I were exaggerating when I say that every guided tour our group has been on has mentioned Joyce or been in some, minute--or very large--way related to him. Needless to say, I'll be relieved when I no longer have to discuss The Dubliners or Ulysses anymore, especially since Joyce is far from one of my favorite authors. The Joyce center, however, was lovely and interesting, and here are some photos from that. They include the house itself (with its fantastic Georgian architecture), the (very brief) setting for Ulysses, and the tower where he stayed for a total of six nights before storming out dramatically in the middle of the night. (I think it goes without saying that Joyce was a bit melodramatic. There's a reason the Irish call his statue off O'Connell Street "The Prick with a Stick." Those are their words, not mine.) Anyway, enjoy! More will follow soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment