Monday, October 21, 2013

A Very Potter Weekend

WARNING: This will possibly (er, hopefully?) be the cheesiest and nerdiest post I will ever write. Well, I at least hope it will be the cheesiest; it might not be the nerdiest.

So, my friend Brittany and I ventured to the Warner Brothers Studios in Leavesden to tour the Harry Potter studio. I'm going to be honest (as one should always be): it was incredible. I'll try to let the photos speak for themselves, but the amount of detail that went into all of these movies astonishes me. These are just a few examples of the thousands of props and sets we saw. Enjoy!


Listening to the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire audiobook on the way there because how could we not?
They had the original chess pieces from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone outside
...so clearly we had to touch them to make sure they're real and that we were really there.
Enjoying a delicious butterbeer with Brittany
Clockwise from left: Outside Number 12 Grimmauld Place, St. Pancras station, King's Cross, and the exterior for the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, 
Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."
-J.K. Rowling






2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just randomly came across your blog because I was looking for screencaps of Grimmauld Place from HP and google search brought up the pic you have here :) Sorry to burst your bubble, but that picture you took of 12 Grimmauld Place is not where they filmed Grimmauld Place. The building is totally different. To the best of my knowledge it was filmed at Claremont Square in Islington (near King's Cross). Here is an image from the movie of Grimmauld Place: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140614120334/harrypotter/images/6/6a/12GrimmauldPlaceHP7.png and here is an image of Claremont Square: http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/52/39/1523975_8cee3ee3.jpg

    How awesome is the studio tour though?? One of my favourite places ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me! My friend and I were using Rick Steves' guide to the UK, and according to his book, it was filmed at (or around--I can't remember exactly how we figured it out) at Lincoln's Inn Fields. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but that weekend my friend and I happened to walk by, thought it looked familiar, and decided to look it up, and somehow figured that's where it was filmed.

      And yes, it was absolutely wonderful.

      Delete