Saturday, October 20, 2012

Welcome Back?

Wow, it's been forever since I've written or posted anything! I could list a million wimpy excuses like school (maybe not so wimpy?), new responsibilities, new activities in general, and, of course, new adventures!

This year, thus far, has just been very different from last year in so many ways; some ways are good, some ways are bad, but such is life. This year, I can't use the excuse that this is my first year, so I couldn't possibly have known something. I know that sounds shallow (I'm aware it's a weak excuse, but it's nice when you can still use it), but it was a nice safety net. I have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, that I have everything figured out, and that this whole school and learning thing (which I do love) is a breeze. Maybe that's some sort of delusion I've fashioned for myself, but maybe it's my brain's way of keeping me in check? I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I've learned that I'm not very good at pretending, which has made me learn that that's okay! But on to the adventures of this year...

First, the Indie Craft Parade! It's essentially a gathering of Etsy shop owners and, more specifically, creators and artists who get together and sell their wonderful items one weekend during the year! There was a lot of awesome confined in one teeny, little space. It was inspirational; plus, the smell of freshly-brewed coffee and fresh pastries filled the air, so  how could something like that ever really go wrong?
(No, that's not supposed to be ominous foreshadowing or anything.)




Once inside, my friend D and I were immediately drawn to Quill & Arrow Press. She had a stunning array of journals, prints, note cards, and so much more. (I'm sorry, I sound like some horrible infomercial ad...) But really, we're obsessed. I think we might've freaked her out a little bit, but oh well! We were excited! So I, of course, bought a journal, and I have to say it's probably going to be one of my favorite journals I will ever own. Ever. It's almost too awesome to write in. I'm gushing, but I do have a thing for journals, and this one is particularly awesome. 




I also got this awesome fake tat that says "Born to Knit." The ironic part? I can't knit. At all. But I still really like the tat. It made me feel hard core for a few days. That is, until it came off. Which happened far too quickly, in my humble opinion.

Ta for now! More soon, I promise! (Really.)




No comments:

Post a Comment