Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Triple Falls

On Monday night, one of my housemates, Robbie, one of his kayaking buddies, and I went to Triple Falls for some night kayaking (for them because water sports still scare the pants off of me) and the chance to mess around with some long exposure photography (for me). I had never been to Triple Falls before, but I wouldn't have chosen to do it any other way, now that I've experienced it at night. It was a wholly unique adventure: walking across the smooth, rock landscape was like walking on the moon (as Robbie so aptly described it). That night, the moon was nearly full, so we didn't need flashlights or artificial lighting of any kind. The moonlight made the photographing interesting and challenging because while I could keep the exposures as short as two seconds, trying to focus the camera properly with all of the mist (and because the Nikon lenses I have don't have aren't marked with distances) and general darkness was annoying, but the results are definitely interesting. Enjoy!

 P.S.-- I swear these were taken at night, even though in some of them it looks like it's sunny and lovely outside.

Just FYI: That little beam of light is Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment