Monday, April 7, 2014

Mondays

Everyone knows that Mondays are horrible. However, today is an especially horrible Monday because the weather is frightful; it's gloomy, with thick clouds that aren't just floating contentedly above the horizon: they are pressing down upon it, dark and pendulous. In a vain attempt to will spring weather into being, I stupidly packed away almost all of my warm winter clothes, so today I'm donning sandals and a dress, which is very practical, I know. 

In an attempt to ward off the gloom and stave off having to work on research papers for the next 30 minutes or so, I'm going to share some photos from spring break, when it was sunny and beautiful (although not really warm).

Also, I'm messing around with formatting and design on my blog (another great way to procrastinate as finals season is rapidly approaching), so any suggestions or critiques you might have would be much appreciated! The blog needs a little lovin' and I'm running short on ideas. (But what about the new logo, right? Thoughts?)

And a quote (though slightly out of context, but still wonderful) for good measure:

"April is the cruelest month, breeding
lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
memory and desire, stirring
dull roots with spring rain."
--T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land





No comments:

Post a Comment