Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkea Dae

For the title of this post, I'm channeling the age-old tradition from my [horrendous] middle school days where the Tuesday before Thanksgiving everyone would don ridiculous outfits and bask in the glory of the forthcoming relief from school work. I myself never attended (I was always being whisked away to go out of town), but seeing the words still brings a reminiscent smirk to my lips. (Middle school was just awkward, okay?)

Since it is Thanksgiving (or it was), it's only appropriate that I give thanks for the little things that have crossed my mind over the last few days and weeks that, quite simply, just make me happy:


family and friends ~ seesters ~ much-needed afternoon naps ~ snoozing cats ~ old letters ~ laughter ~ a time to just  be ~ the glossy pages of new magazines ~ stories ~ podcasts ~ learning ~ books (old, new, used, and loved) ~ poppies ~ bookstores ~ the smell of coffee ~ a comfy bed ~ not having to set an alarm in the morning ~ hot showers ~ rain ~ thunderstorms ~ sunshine ~ clouds ~ mountains ~ snow ~ skiing ~ photography ~ good food ~ libraries ~ writing ~ LLYC ~ dancing ~ wind chimes ~ new school supplies ~ good dreams ~ vivid dreams (good or bad) ~ antiques ~ thrift stores ~ cozy sweaters ~ breaks from school ~ my violin ~ classical music ~ bluegrass ~ friends (old and new) ~ funny curses (Egads! Blast!) ~ new words ~ Mumford and Sons 

There's so much more, of course, but these are the ones that came to mind.


Old letters: nostalgia 
Beet juice & Josie
Turkey feathers and flowers: a typical centerpiece at our household
 
 
Mmm... canned cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole: a family recipe & tradition


Happy holidays and safe travels, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment